Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan G Schaffert
Dr. Alan G Schaffert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Schaffert is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Los Banos, Doctors Hospital Manteca and Doctors Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan G Schaffert has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Movement Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
This office is the rudest, most unprofessional office I've ever experienced in 47 years of life. Had a stroke in february, my doctor spoke directly to the doctor to have him squeeze me in asap. That was 3.5 months later, in the meantime 4 seizures and a possible 2nd stroke. When my appt finally came, the scheduler failed to tell me they had two offices (none of which were the address on google). I went to the appt, nobody at office, only to find out it was in the town I live in. When I tried to call the phone rang until it said all mailboxes are full please hang up. When I told them that happened they basically called me a liar. I have phone records to prove I called 4 times! I got totally jacked and still haven't been seen. Judging by his reviews, I don't want to see him.
FAIL!!! Schaffert & staff couldn't have cared less about my well being. I dealt with these people for two years to diagnose an issue. Every time there was to be some new resolution, I would have to check back with them to monitor the process...every time they had no idea who I was, or what was supposed to be in process. They couldn't even be bothered to call with exam results, or recommend further diagnostics. Waist of time, money and dignity! FAIL!
my experence in this office was excellent..i have no complaints... the doctor was friendly and courtious.. he even told me stories during his exam & making me feel more at ease ( i get nervous ).. the staff was friendly with smiles on their faces.. and i only had to wait 10 minutes before i was seen..the doctor then interduced himself & had a smile on his face also...over all i was happy with my care in this office...
Dr. Schaffert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Dr. Alan G Schaffert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMc Henry Medical Group, 1325 Melrose Ave Ste C, Modesto, CA
Dr. Alan G Schaffert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.