Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Harry A Schnall has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Schnall is smart , gentle , and caring . He explains everthing, answers all questions, put you at ease and is very knowledgeable. My family has used him for years. The waitng room is small , but you are treated extremely well by his staff.
I went to Dr Schnall through a recommendation by my primary care physician. I was experiencing severe pain in my chest and difficulty swallowing. When I asked if such severe pain could be indicative of esophageal cancer he told me that I am being paranoid. He kept on answering the phone during my consultation and seemed annoyed by my inquiries. After the endoscopy I called him to get some answers...When I asked about discomfort that I was experiencing he told me that I was obsessing, when I asked about the results of the endoscopy he told me 'I am very good at what I do, but I am not a magician.' and that I would need to wait for the result of the biopsy. I received a call from his secretary saying that I should be fine with some nexium and call back if I need to (thanks). Speaking to my primary about the results he said that the results indicated something more serious and that I should try to get answers. After another couple of months of severe discomfort I went to a new doctor and they found something more serious within two weeks of my initial consultation. I question Dr Schnall self assessment that he is 'good at what he does' and his capacity to diagnose and treat patients with thoroughness and compassion. Perhaps my experience is an anomaly, but I have never had such a negative experience before and don't intend to have one again.
Dr. Schnall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Harry A Schnall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsH Alan Schnall Md, 11045 Queens Blvd Ste 103, Forest Hills, NY
Dr. Harry A Schnall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.