Dr. Alan C Schwartz Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Alan C Schwartz?

I don't know what is worse, Dr. not following up on the few tests he may have you take, his lack o being familiar with his patients, his lack o compassion when a bad result of a test comes up, or the lack of followup by him or his staff. If I hadn't been proactive in my own health care and reminded him about a mammogram, instead of a lumpectomy I might have ended up with a mastectomy or worse, died. I cannot recommend this doctor to anyone. I am glad that I moved and he is no longer my doctor. Additionally, he continued to prescribe Ambien to me without any warnings of it's addictive qualities or offered any alternatives...he's great at writing prescriptions, appears to be compassionate, but in reality isn't...I had to wait two weeks to hear from him about the results of a biopsy while his office staff kept lying and saying he'd call me to discuss the lab restuls that I had received showing I had cancer...a nightmare on top of a scary diagnosis.

The Office Staff Offers Little To No Support

While my experience with Dr. Swartz has been a good one, his staff is very difficult to deal with. Often not returning calls and almost completely unable to handle any business by phone. Also, it can be extremely difficult to make an appointment because the calls frequently go to the on call service and the Dr. himself is often out of the office

Good doctor

Genuine and Caring

Ive been going to him for several years now. I recommend Dr. Schwartz because my appointments are never rushed, and I can tell that he sincerely cares about me as his patient. Appointments are easy to get. His staff are not the most friendly people I ever met, but he makes up for it.

Horrible Doctor

This got to be the worst doctor I have ever encountered. So unprofessional. Never returned calls. He was my mom main physician at the Fountain Valley Hospital. He discharged her from the hospital on a Friday evening with a prescription for some pain medicine. We went to the pharmacy to get the prescription and they said they needed this authorization because 2 of the drugs were conflicting each other. Call his office to page him for over 2.5 hours at the pharmacy and he never called back. Called his office again on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and he wouldn't take my call. Finally had his secretary call back on Thursday (almost a week later) telling us that we need to contact our family doctor who did not wrote the prescription to make the authorization. Does this make sense to anyone?? After explaining to his nurse what we need, they still did not follow thru with the pharmacy. Finally gave up and went to another doctor.