Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Sears MD
Dr. Alan Sears, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Havertown, PA, with other offices in Ardmore, PA and Drexel Hill, PA . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sears is affiliated with Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Springfield Hospital - Crozer Chester and Nazareth Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Sears has 3 locations
Dr. Alan Sears has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan Sears has the following 6 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Alan Sears is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan Sears - Posted on August 31st, 2013
Dr. Sears is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Delaware County Memorial Hospital
Springfield Hospital - Crozer Chester
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
Mercy Suburban Hospital
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Taylor Hospital - Crozer Chester
Ccmc - Taylor Hospital
35 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Alan Sears Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Alan Sears's office for more information.
1010 W Chester Pike Havertown, PA : (610) 449-3423
25 Llanfair Cir Ardmore, PA : (610) 626-2400
2100 Keystone Ave Drexel Hill, PA : (610) 626-2400
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alan Sears is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Havertown, PA.