Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. M A Sharif has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. M A Sharif has the following 12 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. M A Sharif - Posted on May 8th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. M A Sharif - Posted on April 30th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. M A Sharif - Posted on January 7th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of Aleppo
Graduated in 1990
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. M A Sharif Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. M A Sharif's office for more information.
4802 N Loop 289 Lubbock, TX : (806) 788-0040
More about Dr. M A Sharif
M. Alan Sharif, M.D., F.A., has been a part of Cardiologists of Lubbock since March 1, 2003. He received his medical degree from Aleppo University School of Medicine in Aleppo, Syria in 1990. He completed his internship and residency training in Internal Medicine at Sinai Hospital, Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He was also Chief Resident at the same institution. He completed his Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology at the Brown University School of Medicine in Providence, Rhode Island. Dr. Sharif is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Diseases, and Interventional Cardiology. He is also Board certified in Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Sharif is currently a member of the active staff at Lubbock Heart Hospital and Covenant Health System. He is also an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at the Texas Tech University School of Medicine. His professional associations include the American College of Cardiology, American College of Physicians, Texas Medical Association, and the Lubbock-Crosby-Garza County Medical Society.
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. M A Sharif, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Lubbock, TX, in this video.
Dr. M A Sharif is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.