Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan E Skolnick MD
Dr. Alan E Skolnick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK, with another office in Anchorage, AK. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Skolnick is affiliated with Providence Alaska Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan E Skolnick has 2 locations
3841 Piper St Ste T100
Anchorage, AK 99508
Book Online Now
Dr. Alan E Skolnick has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Alan E Skolnick has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 1 of 1
Couldn't be happier
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan E Skolnick - Posted on November 8th, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. Skolnick for two years now. He has always gotten back with me about my test results as soon as he has them. He is streight to the point and may seem a little abrupt at times but in my situation that is a plus. His office is excellent at keeping track of me and my various appointments.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Skolnick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Alan E Skolnick Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
More about Dr. Alan E Skolnick
Dr. Skolnick received his Degree in Medicine in 1989 from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. His internship and internal medicine residency were completed at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, MA. Dr. Skolnick’s Cardiology Fellowship was completed at the University Hospital, Boston University School of Medicine.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan E Skolnick, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Anchorage, AK, in this video.
Dr. Alan E Skolnick is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.