Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan M Smookler
Dr. Alan M Smookler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glenview, IL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Smookler is affiliated with Northshore Skokie Hospital. Dr. Smookler has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan M Smookler has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Alan M Smookler has the following 3 expertise
- Palliative Care
- Geriatric Medicine
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Alan M Smookler has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
My husband has multiple health issues including Parkinson's disease, a broken hip and severe leg pain. He sees many doctors and takes many medications. Dr Smookler took time with us and was willing to sort out the levels of health complications faced by my husband and by me as his caregiver. Finally a doctor who looks at the whole person in a context!
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Smookler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Alan M Smookler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Palliative And Hospice Care Center, 2050 Claire Ct, Glenview, IL
Dr. Alan M Smookler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenview, IL.