Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan X Soroka has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 15
Every time I need to see Dr. Soroka, I get to the office early and never wait more than a couple minutes after my appointment time. His staff is kind and courteous. Also, Dr. Soroka never makes you feel rushed and has a very calming bed side manner. In addition, I like a doctor that is direct... perhaps he adapts his personality to the patient, but I like that, with me, he doesn't pull his punches.
I am outraged due to the fact that this Doctor's office advertises that they are accepting new patients I meet their criteria insurance wise,yet was not accepted as a new patient. When I inquired as to why I was turned down,the secretary told me she doesn't know why I was turned down as a new patient. I've been searching for a primary care physician,this is the first office I had called because it's only two blocks away from me,which is great for as to the event were to occur that I was really sick and had to drive myself to the doctor.Very bad business practice.The rating system made me put at least one star in order to post this. Bad business practice!
Dr Soroka has taken care of my family since the mid 80's. I have always found him caring. He will give you the time you need to express ALL your issues and will either assist you or send to someone that can...........I have been in FL for the last 6 years and the biggest perk about moving back to CT is finally getting back to a real Dr that helps you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Soroka is old time caring of his patients. He gives as much time as he thinks and listens to complaints about aches and pains. If he does not have an answer to a problem, he is quick to reccommend a specialist, either in his group or out his group, even if it means someone who practices at a different hospital than the one where he practices. My only regret about leaving CT. is that we have to get a different MD up here.
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Alan X Soroka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrime Healthcare, 3 Concorde Way Ste 103, Windsor Locks, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan X Soroka in this video.
Dr. Alan X Soroka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Windsor Locks, CT.