Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Alan M Spiegel
Dr. Alan M Spiegel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington Heights, IL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Spiegel is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital. Dr. Spiegel has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan M Spiegel has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan M Spiegel has the following 15 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
Dr. Alan M Spiegel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 8
Suggested I see a Nuerologist after my last visit. I went and got a blood test at Layola and my potasium was 3.23.Low Potassium Symptoms from Mayo Online Knowledgebase perfectly match every symptom I have:There may be more than one symptom involving the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, kidneys, muscles, heart, and nerves.Weakness, tiredness, or cramping in arm or leg muscles, sometimes severe enough to cause inability to move arms or legs due to weakness (much like a paralysis) Tingling or numbness Nausea or vomiting Abdominal cramping, bloating Constipation Palpitations (feeling your heart beat irregularly) Passing large amounts of urine or feeling very thirsty most of the time Abnormal psychological behavior: depression, psychosis, delirium, confusion, or hallucinations. I wish there was an email address for the Doctors office.
Dr. Speigel,kind and personable, willing to take time to answer questions and make sure you understand everything said. He has brought me through major problems with the same caring and bedside manner he started with. In a friendly environment, Dr Speigel, his staff,nurses and colleague's at his side worked hard to find the problem I was having which was a bit of a rarity. And were able to correct it. I am doing great because of his devotion to his patients. Simply he cares about people.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Spiegel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Alan M Spiegel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNch Heart And Vascular Specialists, 880 W Central Rd Ste 7100, Arlington Heights, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan M Spiegel, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Arlington Heights, IL, in this video.
Dr. Alan M Spiegel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington Heights, IL.