Chronic Idiopathic Constipation
Learn more about chronic idiopathic constipation including treatment and facts about it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Thorson
Dr. Alan Thorson, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Colon and Rectal Surgery. Dr. Thorson is affiliated with NEBRASKA HEART INSTITUTE HEART HOSPITAL, Nebraska Methodist Hospital and CHI HEALTH CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Thorson has the following 1 specialty
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Fecal Incontinence
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Prolapse
- Tumor Surpressor Gene (Adenomatous Polyposis Coli, APC)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I've had two tests ordered by Dr. Thorson with instructions to call for results a week later. I followed the directions I was given, but on the first test it took him 3 weeks to contact me with the results - and that was after numerous phone calls. On the second test, I have yet to hear the results and it's been 4 weeks today. Rather ridiculous I think. I've called his office 4 times to date and left messages each time. Time Management issues - I agree!!
Dr. Thorson is a great doctor and considered one of the best in his field but his lack of Time Management hurts him. Every visit I make to his Office is extended by a couple of hours. He is so disrespectful when it comes to others and their schedule. I had a surgery scheduled with him and he was 2 hours late and did not apoligize for the delay.
Dr. Thorson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NEBRASKA HEART INSTITUTE HEART HOSPITAL
34 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Alan Thorson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCOLON AND RECTAL SURGERY, 9850 Nicholas St, Omaha, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan Thorson in this video.
Dr. Alan Thorson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.