Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Berger
Dr. Alan Berger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Berger is affiliated with North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr, Mt Sinai Hospital and Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Berger has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Let's start with the deplorable office. Dirty, outdated, torn up couches, stained carpets, not kidding it is gross. It is shared with an eye doctor god knows what his story is. Staff has not idea what is going on, one was sleeping on the couch and the rest complaining that the doctor was off the wall to us. Went on two separate occasions with appointments. Waited 3 hours first time then left. Second time waited 2 hours for a sonogram. Never saw doctor. He dresses with shirt hanging out, overweight, just disheveled. I won;t even get into the other patients we saw waiting there many of whom left after a 2-3 hour wait. NYU Birthing center office is right next to his. Eight great doctors, professional staff, clean, A+ go there instead. Alan Berger should be ashamed to even offer medical services with old outdated equipment and so on. He needs to clean up his act. If you think this review is over top I urge you to go check it out it is like an episode of cops. At the very least it will be an eye opener.
Dr. Berger delivered my son 3 years ago. I'd switched to him from another ob/gyn practice very late into my pregnancy because I was very uncomfortable and unhappy with the care I was receiving there. Dr. Berger immediately put me at ease, and I was completely comfortable with the care I received from his staff and his office.
Dr. Berger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Mt Sinai Hospital
Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
North Shore University Hospital
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
New York Downtown Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
New York University Hospital
North Shore Univ at Manhasset
New York University
23 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1990
New York University
Dr. Alan Berger accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlan W Berger MD, 137 E 36th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan Berger in this video.
Dr. Alan Berger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.