Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan C Westeren
Dr. Alan C Westeren, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Westeren is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Palomar Medical Center Poway. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan C Westeren has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Alan C Westeren has the following 11 expertise
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Corneal Transplantation
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Westeren really cares about my eye health. He educated me about my eye conditions. When he was concerned with a possible problem, he did a very thorough work up for me to find out the cause of the problem. I have been going to Dr Westeren for 3 years now. I am very satisfied with his care. It is hard to find Doctor who cares about your health so much and educates you about your health condition like Dr Westeren.
Dr Westeren is awesome. I went to see 3 other eye doctors for my eye infection. My eyes are all swollen and red. I could not see for 3 months. It seems like none of medications were working. Then, I went to see Dr Westeren. After 3 days, my eyes are totally fine. I was able to see well again. I wish I had gone to see Dr Westeren first time. I highly recommend Dr Westeren for eye infection.
He requests all information from you:SSN, Healthy Insurance besides the eye insurance.... so he can change much more money than you expect. However the service is poor.
Medical evaluations of the eyes are covered by patient's regular health insurance plans and therefore special vision insurance is not necessary and patients are only responsible for eye examination fees that their insurances plans do not cover such as their refraction fee and any office copayments they are required to pay on the day of their eye examination and agreed to in the past when they signed up with their health insurance company plan.
Dr. Westeren is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Alan C Westeren accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCoast Acupuncture, 6529 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan C Westeren in this video.
Dr. Alan C Westeren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.