Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Alan E Zloto has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alan E Zloto has the following 9 expertise
- Aviation Medicine
- Weight Loss
Dr. Alan E Zloto has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 27
Been seeing Dr Zloto, since 1994-95... Spends quality time, sometimes you wait, but at what Dr's office don't you... I know if he's behind, that means someone NEEDED him, and I'd expect him to do the same for me if needed. ANRP , Trish Blessing is amazing, and SO available when Dr Zloto isn't. Great caring staff... Dr Zloto has always been around when / if anything was serious. Wouldn't want to go anywhere else! Every time I've moved, I STILL go to him, even if it's a distance. Highly recommended!!!
Family doctor diagnosed my problem that specialists often miss, according to others with the problem. He was open, without ego, to my being involved with finding best regimen to treat the problem. After looking for a competent, caring doctor on my plan, and seeing a new one every couple of years who always seemed to be lacking, I found Dr. Z, who continues to be my doc after ten years.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zloto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Alan E Zloto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsTown & Country Internal Medicine, 6101 Webb Rd Ste 104, Tampa, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan E Zloto, DO - Internal Medicine in Tampa, FL, in this video.
Dr. Alan E Zloto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.