Dr. Alastair Smith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alastair Smith?

Excellent

Dr. Smith expertise and genuine concern enabled me to receive life saving care. Initially he was a second opinion for my cancer and he offered alternatives not provided by my first specialist. If I had not followed Dr. Smith's advice rather than my first specialist I am certain I would not be here to write this review. Thank you Dr. Smith!

luv Dr. Smith....

Dr. Smith was a great DOC....can't say anything bad about him ...I wish I knew if he is still practicing medicine and if so wish I knew where.....I have Cirrhosis...and would like to continue seeing hi m

One of the finest

Dr. Smith's interest in his patients is deep and sincere.

Unfortunately no longer at Duke

I was a big fan of Dr. Smith. He always listened to my concerns and ideas, and was even willing to think and act outside the box a bit with my case. I started seeing him not long before my liver transplant. I was pretty sick before transplant, and he did a great job optimizing my medications which made me as comfortable as possible. After transplant (just under one year ago), I saw Dr. Smith, and I was again impressed by his skill and experience. Unfortunately, on a return visit, I was told he was no longer at Duke. The other doctors who have been involved with my case (Dr. Brady, Dr. Muir, Dr. Berg, and Dr. Choi) are all good too, but there has been no consistency in who I see on each visit.

Outstanding

I recently was diagnosed with Auto Immune Hepatitis, I was referred to Dr. Smith by my local GI doctor. Dr. Smith is incredibly knowledgeable, compassionate and listened to me. I felt very blessed to have been under his care.

Love Dr. Smith why was I told he was no longer at Duke?

I have been a patient of Dr. Alastair Smith for over 10 yrs. I'm very confused b/c when I went for my appointment around Nov 2014 I was told that Dr. Smith was no longer at Duke and I was reassigned to Dr. Carl Berg. I don't understand why if Dr. Smith is still at Duke that I was told he no longer was and why if he has remained at Duke was I assigned to a different doctor. I love Dr. Smith b/c he is an excellent doctor. He knows me without looking at my chart, knows my history and I trust him. Has anyone else experienced this.

Excellent doctor

Loved Dr Smith! He was very knowledgable about my autoimmune disease. Was not in a rush and seemed very concerned with me being comfortable and having all of my questions answered to my satisfaction. Mould highly recommend him m

PATIENT

EXTREMELY KNOWLEGDED AND EASY GOING DOCTOR. MORE THAN ANYONE I WISH HE WAS STILL TREATING ME. GOD BLESS YOU DOC.

Excellent physician.

SAVED MY LIFE WHILE ON DUKES TRANSPLANT TEAM

VERY CARING, GOOD TEACHER, ALWAYS SHOWED CONCERN ABOUT MY HEALTH BOTH PHYSICALLY AND HELPED PREPARE ME FOR MY TRANSPLANT. BEST DOCTOR EVER. CONSIDER YOURSELF WELL TAKEN CARE OF WITH DR. SMITH

Extraordinary physician

Intense, intelligent and ingratiating. Totally inspires confidence. Always anxious to discuss treatment alternatives. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

He is a very compassionate doctor and technically very competent.