Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert B Sun has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Albert B Sun has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
Showing 5 of 9
I used to be a patient of Dr A**** and since he is my only comparision for Dr Sun... I have to give Dr Sun a five stars! He spends ample time talking to me, examining my neck, going over any changes, and reviewing my medical record. Dr Sun is aware of my fluctuating tsh levels and requires me to get labwork done at least three to four times (if not more) a year to keep in check. My only difficulty has been that I get my blood drawn offsite so it is a little more incovenient...but if you can use Dr Sun and Geisinger lab located within the same building- I think he's a good bet. I use the website mygeisinger.org and if I have a question.. he or his office assistants are prompt with a quick response.
I had a visit with Dr. Sun at Geisinger Wyoming Valley. He is now in the endocrinology department. He was so hands off...literally. I have thyroid nodules and he never even felt my neck. I asked about my synthroid dosage and he told me it was up to me if I wanted to continue. I told him that my previous doc at Geisinger wanted me to go for annual ultra sounds to monitor the nodules. He told me it wasn't necessary and was up to me. He recorded the wrong weight and height for me.....never looked at me and told me I was on the verge of obsety. I am a size 2. He never bothered to look up from the computer. I asked him to clarify this obesity issue and he walked over to the BMI chart on the wall and told me I shouldn't weigh more than 145lbs. I told him I am not even close to that weight. He recognized that there was a mistake. All he needed to do was look at me. Stay Away. Look at his credentials. He didn't specialize in endocrinology until he went to Geisinger. Not sure how up he is on this specialty.
Dr. Sun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGeisinger Medical Center, 100 N Academy Ave, Danville, PA
Dr. Albert B Sun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, PA.