Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert A Barrows III has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Albert A Barrows III has the following 10 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Lung Cancer
Showing 5 of 12
I have been going to Dr. Barrows for quite some time now, and he has never left a question in my mind about the services that he offers. I require a lot of different services because I travel so much for work, and he has always been knowledgeable and informative with the way he has to handle my unique situations. When I return home, I always know that I have a good primary care physician.
Dr Albert Barrows, Hyannis, Ma is in my estimation a top notch medical provider. He is not all smiles and small talk, but rather focuses all his attention on his patients well being. He is always quick to return phone calls and will answer questions unless he feels a visit is in order. I have never felt that I was being rushed during an office visit. He follows up on even the smallest issues leaving no stone unturned. Without a doubt I feel my medical well being is in good hands with Dr Barrows.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Brown University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAlbert A Barrows Iii Md, 63 Main St, Hyannis, MA
Dr. Albert A Barrows III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hyannis, MA.