Have you seen Dr. Albert O Boyd?

Concerned family of previous patient

My daughter told me he made my mom (71 yrs old) cry while she was there so I went to check things out for myself. We had an appt, waited two hours in waiting room, only to be called back for 10-15 mins while he took and made 4 telephone calls (talking very rudely to them and discussing another patients info in front of us)), accused my mom of overdosing on med on purpose, told her she needs to switch from Molina insurance, told me I wasn't listening, typed on computer, said I'll see you in three months, stood up opened door ( i.e. Get out) as we were lvg room I told her I guess we gotta go without asking questions and he responded I dont hv time for more questions. I told her I would NOT trust nor pay anyone to treat me that way let alone a doctor who us suppose to care for you. She and I discussed it while waiting at desk. Next morning he sent certified letter firing her ax a patient but mind you I was doing all the talking. Ahh excuse me, she was 't coming back anyway!!! Do not trust your elderly parents or family to his care!!!!!

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Boyd is a very good and knowledgeable doctor.

Do not go

I had an appointment for a heel spur pain. He asked had I ever had a cortisone shot before which I had some years back and I told him it was helpful. He then said you can go up front. I asked what about the shot, he said you didn't say you wanted it today and I have closed your file. I was like you can't be serious, why do I have to ask, you are the doctor and besides you brought it up. I figured it out, it was a ploy to get me to come back to get more money. Ummm I don't think so. Change of Pcp immediately.

Dr. Boyd is an excellent Dr. We have been his patient for sixteen, years or more .He is patient an caring.Takes time to your History & medications. He took special care with my husband through all of his illness . His staff is always kind & courteous .I have and will always recommend him to anyone .Thank God for doctors like him.

He's A Great Doctor

I have known Dr. Albert Boyd as a patient for over ten years. He gives you lots of time and personal attention to your medical needs. Dr. Boyd is excellent in controling High Blood Pressure and many other illnesses of our community. He is very knowledgable of family medcine and uses the computer to keep accurate records of all medical needs of his patients. He is up to date on the latest techniques and uses modern equiptment to provide quality medical care. I trust his judgement to make the right decisions for me and my family.

This Dr is the best Dr I have had in many many years. He actually takes his time to get to know you as a person not just another patient. He trys to have an actually Dr.- Patient relationship with you. I can tell he actually cares about my health and will do everything in he can to help me get better. I will recommend this Dr to anybody! Very pleased with his service and attention.

I hate to be like this, but I do not recommend Dr. Boyd. I saw him a few months after having both malaria and dengue fever after being overseas. I was in the hospital for 10 days and have never been able to get my full energy back. Also, I had sustained a neck injury a few months before that was affecting the rest of my back. I saw Dr. Boyd about how to re-gain my health back from these major illnesses and injury. After being in his office for about 15 minutes (and half that time he spent on the phone with someone else), he just said, "Oh you just have depression," and threw me antidepressants. He also said "And nothing is wrong with your back" as if I was just making everything up...he didn't even check! X-rays sure showed differently. I followed his advice and took the medication....he was the doctor and must know, I thought. Long story short, the drugs made me feel horrible and I ended up having a bad reaction to them. They completely messed up the chemicals in my brain, and gave me panic attacks which made my back even worse due to extreme muscle tension. Things were so bad and I was extremely dizzy and had vertigo for weeks after the ordeal. I went back a few days after having the reaction because of the dizziness, and he just gave me prescriptions and muscle relaxants...but never took the time to really figure out what was wrong with me...just like the first appointment. Certainly, depression meds shouldn't be given to someone who just wants to get their energy levels back up from just having major illnesses. In the end, I ended up paying $180 for two office visits that made me feel worse. I will never be going back to Dr. Boyd again.

Former employee

This physician is all about the money, the only people he will see and not charge are people from Nigeria, his home land. This physician put a woman in the hospital because he would not refill her medication and blamed me, when I have the email saved and printed showing that I requested him refill it. We had a patient who lost his grandson in a car accident and wanted xanax, Dr. Boyd stated that this man is lying and just someone who is addicted to medicine, I then looked up this mans story, which in fact was in the Dallas Morning News and had a picture of him and his wife. This physician is by far the worst doctor. On my medical records he has that I have hypertention and I do not. In his medical spa he has someone who is not licensed performing laser hair removal and other proceedures. Beware this doctor is nothing but a greedy selfish man and I quit dure to his nature. I got in the medical field to help people not to make money.

He's a keeper!!!

I just switched over to Dr Boyd and he is a great doctor. He took his time with me and answered all of my questions. I will definitely be coming back to him.

Wished we didn't have to move.

The only reason we left this Doctor is because we moved.We started seeing him due to our children had medicaide.We quickly got him as a family doctor.He was gental,kind,and really listened.He was patient,and worked hard at diagnosing our daughters problem,he never gave up or turned us away.My sister now needs a doctor for her boys up there.I told her this is who they need to see,a good doctor,with compasion.

ALL ABOUT MONEY

This has got to be the worst Dr in the world if you get sick he doesnt follow up with your care when you go for an appointment all he does is sit at a computer and type he doesnt run any kind of test he is the worst please dont go to this doctor you will have one foot in the grave.

Dr. Boyd is a person that not only care about his family but well being. He's very patient person and take pride in his job.

Dr. Albert O Boyd is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Desoto, TX.