Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Albert Carr
Dr. Albert Carr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Augusta, GA. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Carr is affiliated with St Joseph Hospital - Augusta, University Hospital - Augusta and Doctors Hospital of Augusta. He speaks English.
Dr. Albert Carr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Carr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Hospital - Augusta
University Hospital - Augusta
Doctors Hospital of Augusta
Trinity Augusta Hospital
54 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1959
Dr. Albert Carr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1511 Anthony Rd, Augusta, GA
Dr. Albert Carr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.