Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alberto D Cuellar
Dr. Alberto D Cuellar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Cuellar is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Tops Surgical Specialty Hospital and Tomball Regional Medical Center. Dr. Cuellar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Alberto D Cuellar has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I would not recommend dr. alberto cuellar. he is highly incompetent and unprofessional. this is by far the worse doctor that I every have encountered. I was diagnosed incorrectly by him. thank God for highly skilled medical doctors who were able to correcly diagnosed my condition. dr. cuellar is very rude and does not treat the whole person. he fails to include you in the medical process. he does a very poor job in explaining his findings and will not answer your questions or address your concerns. it is amazing that he is still able to practice.
Maybe he can cut and sew, but forget about it if you have any kind of a complication, or need help with pain medication. He will blame you for anything that goes wrong. Compassion? Forget that. He called me "stupid" for rescheduling a G.P. appointment. I felt the whole time that I was "dangling in the wind."
I had a knee replacement 4 years ago,and have had trouble with it since.He used the same brand of device that was used in an earlier replacement,done by another doctor on the other knee,so the problem does not lie with that.In my opinion,he has a superior attitude,and acts in a very condescending way. When my problems started,I went back,and he acted insulted that I would question what he had done,how it was done,and I ended up going to another doctor who addressed the problem.In my opinion,he has a God complex.Wouldn't use him again .
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Cuellar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Alberto D Cuellar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKsf Orthopedic Center, 17270 Red Oak Dr Ste 200, Houston, TX
Dr. Alberto D Cuellar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.