Dr. Albert Kwan Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Albert Kwan?

Posted on December 6th, 2016

The staff are not very professional. They were loud and there were at least 12-15 patients in ear shot. They told my spouse, who was having his follow-up with Dr. Kwan that they didn't have an AUTH so he could not be seen. THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THEIR JOB AND MADE SURE THEY HAD IT FOR HIS FOLLOW-UP WITH DR KWAN. That is totally incompetent and unprofessional. I am NOT happy with the service at this point and will take my spouse elsewhere so he can get better care!!

Posted on October 1st, 2015

He is a very wonderful Doctor. With a great bedside manner and a lot of knowledge. He did for me what the big city doctors missed and he has taken very good care of my medical needs. I always recommend him to those I know he can help. His waiting time is kind of long but it's well worth it. I am happy that he takes the time to explain everything to you in order to get to the root of your problem and will take good care of you!!

Posted on December 1st, 2013

wait over two hours then the doctor comes in spends five minutes or less very hurried. Office is always crowded and the wait is far too long staff is very unconcerned about wait or people's discomfort.

Great Doctor

Posted on September 17th, 2013

Dr Kwan has been my families Doctor for many years he has done surgeries and primary care! He is very caring and has a wonderful staff! I would refer anyone to him!

Posted on September 3rd, 2013

staff is rude but maybe due to ignorance they don't seem to know what is going on and don 't know how to talk to people wait rime is over an hour then the doctor spends about five minute with you very disappointed. Will look elsewhere for treatment.

Posted on August 27th, 2013

Where are all the familiar faces that I have grown to trust? It would be nice if I actually had a Dr. to talk to instead of waiting for over an hour to see him and he only spends 5 minutes with me!!!!!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED

Posted on July 26th, 2013

Long wait when finally seen barely had time to explain problem staff rude and none seem to know what is going on

First Impression : Wont Be Back

Posted on July 26th, 2013

It would have been nice to go to a Dr's office and the staff knew what was going on.Calling for an appointment was a "NIGHTMARE", Receptionist was very Rude and Hateful! The Wait Time, lets Just say "Yes there is one and it's Very Long"! Very Disappointed

Horrible experience, consider another surgeon!

Posted on May 31st, 2013

This is a long review, but if you're considering seeing this surgeon, please read it! I'm no stranger to a colonoscopy, as I've had more than i can count at 24 years old. I have never had such a traumatic experience as i have had at Dr. Kwans office. Walking in and seeing all the awards and degrees plastered on every available wall space, you'd think you were going to see a renowned professional. However, this doctor doesn't seem to have the slightest clue how to run a professional office, or just has no regard for the patients he bustles in and out like cattle. My first appointment was scheduled for 4pm, I was in the waiting room until 5:15, and then another 30 minutes in an exam room waiting for the doctor to come in. There were people there who had been waiting over 2 hours just to get into an exam room. When i expressed this concern to the nurse who took my vitals, she simply said it wasn't her problem. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy a week later. They give you a very small room, almost like a closet, to get changed for the procedure. I walked past a man who was in a bed in the hallway, waiting for his procedure, and it all felt like we were just cattle waiting in line. I spent 10 minutes with the nurse who put in my IV, trying to explain to her that i've done this a million times, and there were only 2-3 veins that anyone had ever been able to use for an IV placement. She ignored me, and in doing that blew out a vein in both my hands, and the back of my arm, before she decided to take my advice. I then asked her what kind of sedatives they would use, as i am allergic to some of them. She acted surprised that i had allergies, even though it was written on the chart i had filled out at my first visit. I was in fact allergic to the sedative they were going to use, and this even put the doctor in a state of shock, as if he hadn't even glanced at my chart. They wheeled my bed into the hallway, and i waited my turn. A nurse approached with a needle, and i asked her not to put the sedative in until i could talk to her for a moment. At this request, she got very hostile an irritated, apparently the cattle aren't supposed to talk. I told her that at a previous procedure i had woken up half way through the procedure and hit a nurse, and just generally freaked out with confusion and discomfort. I told her they should make sure i'm good and out before they start anything. Her response to this was "Do you even want to do this? Because you're not acting like it, and you can leave if you want." She was very short and hostile. I said that i was simply warning her of what had happened previously for everyone's safety, as i'd have no control over myself once sedated. She said nothing and hastily pushed the sedative into my IV while i was still talking to her. I only remember one thing after that before i was brought into recovery, and that was begging them to stop. I remember almost screaming telling them to please stop because i could feel it and it hurt, and i remember people holding me down. When they brought me to my husband in recovery i was crying and clearly agitated. They told us that they gave us 3x the dose of the sedative that they would normally use, and they couldn't give me anymore. But the sedative hadn't worked because i had been pushing them away in the procedure room, kicking, begging, and even jumping off the table. I don't know how long this went on for before they decided to call it quits, but i would guess it was quite a while since i was given so much sedative. When i regained most of my consiousness i was confused and i was asking what had happened, something didn't feel right. The nurse just told me i needed to get dressed and leave. I asked for a minute so i could talk to my husband because i didn't understand what was happening, or had just happened. She left the room for a a few minutes, and came back in to tell us we needed to leave. I was still trying to understand, asking her questions, and she just told us to go and walked out. At no point in this did the doctor come in and say anything to us, we were just told to leave. The scope couldn't be finished because of my reaction to it, and i was told i would need general anesthetic to do it again, which is what i warned them about to begin with. All in all, i have never felt more unimportant and uncared for by medical professionals in my life. This was a very traumatic experience for me, and i hope no one else has to go through it.

Caring and Knowledgable

Posted on September 30th, 2011

First and foremost people must rememeber that Dr. Kwan is a SURGEON!! He is a very skilled and knowledgeable surgeon, but I say this because this needs to be remembered when you go to see him because sometimes yes you may have a little longer wait time because of unforseen circumstances. I have been seeing Dr. Kwan as my primary care Dr. since I was 18 years old and I am now in my 30s. He is a very caring Dr and he does not try to go the most invasive and extremem route to start off with. He has many years of experience in pharmacy and medicine. He beleives in over all health not the quick fix. so if your looking for a Dr. that will give you a pill for simple instant gratification or refer you for extreme procedures such as Gastric bypass you should probable go somewhere else because this is a man that looks at overall long term health not just a quick bandaid that will lead to long term turmoil. This is a Man who will I trust with my life and health!! He is a great surgeon I have had 3 surgeries that he has done. I have lived in this community my entire life and seen the outcome of many of his surgeries and He is the absolute BEST!!!!

The Doctor with HEART

Posted on September 23rd, 2011

I was Seen in the ER by what I was told was A Doctor.After having severe stomach pain with nausea and vomiting (and waiting 4 hours)I was sent home and told there was nothing wrong with me! The Pain symptoms kept coming back.I called Dr. Kwans office and was given an Appointment that day. Dr. Kwan was very concerned and made me feel at ease that these episodes were NOT IN MY HEAD!He ordered a few test and figured out what was going on with me. Yes,surgery had to be done! Thank You DR.Kwan for listening to me and not Turning Me Away!I Feel Wonderful And RECOMMEND You All the Time!!!!

Great