Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert Lai has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Albert Lai has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Albert Lai has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
One of his PA's had mis-written my RX. Everyone agreed this was true. Front office told me I must mail in that paper and they would mail me the corrected RX. So I mailed it to them and confirmed they received it. Every single forking day for 3 weeks I phoned (never could speak directly; had to leave messages) to staff member to confirm her receipt of old RX and that she had sent out corrected RX. I never got a response. I ran out of my pain RX, was virtually suicidal due to extreme pain...Did they give a shiitt??? NO!!! I then threatened to come get the corrected RX from them in person. I got there and front desk receptionist told me to go home, the corrected RX went out in the mail that AM!?! I complained about their "who gives a shiitt" attitude and they dismissed me from the practice for being "abusive" (read "TRUTHFUL"). They then unsuccessfully tried to bill me and my insurance for an appointment that never occurred and for approximately $3000.00 of unnecessary urinalysis tests allegedly performed. Insurance had enough sense to deny both their fraudulent claims. Office staff doesn't care if they cause their patient to run out of medication and be in SEVERE pain. Perhaps some day I will be able to return the favor by inflicting a similar degree of pain upon the person whose reckless, perhaps intentional, sloth caused me such suffering. I earnestly hope so. Karma is coming when least expected and it is a biatch. Fork them!!! Why can't I give them ZERO STARS???
As far as a doctorand bedside manner go,this doctor missed the big point and that is to treat and practice medicine on real people Dr.Lai may have spent too much time learning a proffession he will never ben able to be wholeheartedly!I realize this is only one opinion,but its my quality of living and all that i must live thru each and every minute of all hours ,days,nights and even in my dreams and that if what i have written doesnt atleast give aa heads up to the attitude doctors and all medical proffesionals view chronic painand the people whom must live with the suffering physically,and emotionaly when there is help such as pain medicine-if people like myself arent given the choice by there doctors ,there is other remedies out there-all ugly,illeagle,and self prescribed-that is not the choice i want to make or live with but in closing,if u believe that human suffering is as tollerable as a simple poke in the arm,then i will keep trying and with the Lords grace i just might make it over this mountain too!!!!
18 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Albert Lai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Albert Lai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Placentia, CA.