Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert W Lum has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Albert W Lum has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Family Planning
Dr. Albert W Lum has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Lum took the time to listen to all the details I provided. That was followed by a thorough, non rushed examination and diagnosis. He also got in touch with my doctor (he called thrice to get through ) to discuss next steps. I have seen very few doctors put in so much time and effort. Highly recommended
I have had the pleasure of Dr Lum checking up on me at CareNow Frisco. He was thorough in asking how I felt and checking vital signs and reading test results. I was diagnosed as prediabetic and he helped me know what to do - what to eat, food that helps reduce blood sugar, and, of course, what to avoid. I appreciate doctors who really take the time to explain what's happening to the body and not just giving you the diagnosis without any explanation
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCarenow, 5644 Preston Rd, Frisco, TX
Dr. Albert W Lum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frisco, TX.