Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert Z Owens has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have been a patient of Dr. Owens for three years. Getting a timely appointment has been simple. Dr. Owens has been wonderful. He listens to my concerns, asks pertinent questions, and refers appropriately for follow-up. He is straight-forward yet compassionate style is really appreciated. I happily refer all of my friends and family members to him.
I have seen Dr. Owens a couple of time now and found him to be a very arrogant pr#*k. He has not taken time to review your file and refuse's to take accountability for his lack of insight on your prior conditions., He needs to have knowledge of a patients chronic issue instead of assuming the patient is lying. I would not refer him to anyone. Would not even take my animals to him if needed. He has zero bedside manners. If you want an arrogant pr#ck as a doctor than he would be the doctor for you.
I am so glad to see a doctor who doesn't make me feel like just another patient. Though young, Dr. Owens seems old school in the time he devotes to each appointment. His professional, yet warm, manner has left me confident and comforfable in my diagnoses and courses of treatment. And with my primary diagnosis mental health related, I especially appreciated the sensitive and respecful way he has "treated" me. He comes strongly recommended.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Owens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1999
Mercy Health Partners
Dr. Albert Z Owens accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlbert Zalman Owens Md, 3855 J St, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Albert Z Owens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.