Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert E Smith III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Smith is kind and caring. Love him as my G.P. doctor. But be aware when signing in to an appointment you must deal with a very rude receptionist. I've been seeing him for 11 years and she's always been there. She is rude to the point of absurdity. Once you get past her you'll get to see a wonderful doctor with great nurses.
The office staff is VERY rude!! The nurses are very dry and just not interactive. I worked as a Medical Assistant in a doctor's office and NEVER treated our patients the way they do! Dr. Smith is a nice guy, but I'm not sure how great of a doctor he is just yet, since I've only seen him one time. If I experience the things I mentioned above on my next visit, I will DEFINITELY change doctors!!
Dr. Smith is a very nice guy but I don't think he's a good doctor. He mainly sees elderly patients and I'm sure he's excellent with them but not with those under 50 or so. He doesn't take complaints seriously. In the last four years he's sent me home with a severe uti that he didn't even test for, gave me topical ointment for an injury that ended up requiring a six night hospital stay due to infection, and refused to run basic labs to check for a diagnosis that I had to research myself. I was right with the diagnosis too. Again, he's a super nice guy and I've had him as a primary for many years but I'm thinking about finding someone else.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Albert E Smith III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdamsville Family Medicine, 3915 Veterans Memorial Dr Ste 106, Adamsville, AL
Dr. Albert E Smith III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Adamsville, AL.