Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Albert Tartini has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Kidney Biopsy
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Tartini is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Josephs Hospital
Dr. Albert Tartini accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRenal Medicine Associates, 302 Union St Ste 1, Hackensack, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Albert Tartini in this video.
Dr. Albert Tartini is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.