The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Albert L Van Amburg III
Dr. Albert L Van Amburg III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chesterfield, MO. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Van Amburg is affiliated with Ssm Health St Marys Hospital Jefferson City. He speaks English.
Dr. Albert L Van Amburg III has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Cancerous Tumor
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My husband was Dr. Van Amburg's patient when he had prostate cancer. I attended every appointment with my husband. First visit he insinuated that nothing could be done. We should of changed doctors right away. He did not suggest going to the hospital in Dallas until it was too late. He did not think about problems that occur when a person has cancer. For example- My husband said his legs began to ache when he walked. Having treated many people with cancer it seems Dr. Van Amburg would have thought about the possibly of blood clots and given my husband preventative medicine. When we wanted some help with swelling as a result of the clots, I asked,"Do you want to see my husband's legs?" He responded, "Do you want to see mine?" He prescribed a strong chemotherapy and then sent my husband home. I asked and had read that it might be good for the patient to stay in the hospital over night because of the chemo's strength. Next morning I had to rush him to the hospital because he was so weak. I was not even told that they were going to stop his medications because he had reached the Medicare CAP. I would not recommend Dr Van Amburg. Doctoring has become too routine for him and he does have much feeling for his patients nor does he suggest other ideas and alternatives when he doesn't have hope.
Dr. Van Amburg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Albert L Van Amburg III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAmburg And Busiek Mds Llc, 232 S Woods Mill Rd Ste 330E, Chesterfield, MO
Dr. Albert L Van Amburg III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.