Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alberto J Munoz has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I saw Dr. Munoz for my auto-immune disorder. During my health history discussion I filled him in on our history (4 years) of infertility and that we were starting our first IVF cycle the following week. He proceed to make the following comments: "You're not using donor sperm, are you?" "Wait...you're using his sperm for IVF?" (We have a diagnoses of male factor infertility) "Won't your baby be deformed if you use his bad sperm?" (That's not how Male Factor works. My husband has enough healthy sperm for IVF and there is no connection between MFI and disabilities). "So you're ok with having a baby that might have something wrong with it?" "Why don't you adopt?" "But adoption is so fulfilling." (When I said we can't afford to adopt but insurance covers our IVF) "Surely you can get something through the church." (As if churches hand out babies.) "Are you sure you've explored all your options regarding adoption?" "So you just throw out the bad embryos?" (not at all how IVF works). "Wow, with your Endometriosis you probably can't sustain a pregnancy, huh?" (Not true.) He also was seriously behind on treatment for my autoimmune disorder and wanted to do a muscle biopsy to help diagnose my already diagnosed disorder as well as put me back on medication that has since been found to do NOTHING for my disorder. Unethical and inappropriate.
60 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1958
Dr. Alberto J Munoz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristie Clinic Ambulatory Surgery Center, 101 W University Ave, Champaign, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alberto J Munoz in this video.
Dr. Alberto J Munoz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Champaign, IL.