Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alden H Dykstra has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 6
Went to Dr. Dykstra for a year or so. In that time he told me how much weight he had lost and all about how he did it but not once did he listen to my heart, lungs, or do any physical exam other than check my feet for a diabetic response. He spent the whole time philosophizing on how blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and weight are all interrelated. He seldom seemed to know about my chart or blood work and his staff seemed unorganized and not well informed. He was obsessed with signs of nonexistent illnesses but paid little to no attention to a basic physical examination. Not pleased with the level of care I received and will be looking for a new internist.
I was looking for a regular family doc, not a specialist - someone to go to when I'm sick. Dr. Dykstra thinks he needs to see me every 3 months (controlled asthma). He has ran numerous tests on me and enough is enough. The last time I went, he made me feel like he was a bully. He answered a text message as I sat there during MY CONSULTATION and had the gall to excuse himself after he was finished. His nurse has had her cell go off during my prep time. She always apologizes because she's never ready with test results or has a clue why I'm seeing the doc...unprofessional, read the chart and have my test results ready. I don't like Dr. Dykstra's bedside manner or his pushy tactics to have expensive tests run and then when they come back clear - he's on to the next episode, am done with him. I'll be seeing a specialist for the asthma and as needed, not as dictated.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
26 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Grand Rapids Area Medical Education Center
Dr. Alden H Dykstra accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Alden H Dykstra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.