Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alejandra Piniella
Dr. Alejandra Piniella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Piniella is affiliated with Mercy Hospital and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute - Anne Bates Leach Eye Hospital. She speaks Haitian, Haitian Creole and English.
Dr. Alejandra Piniella has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Corneal Diseases
- Degenerative Myopia
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Piniella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute - Anne Bates Leach Eye Hospital
17 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Jackson Health System
Dr. Alejandra Piniella accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1385 Coral Way, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alejandra Piniella in this video.
Dr. Alejandra Piniella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.