Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alejandro Alcaide
Dr. Alejandro Alcaide, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Astoria, NY, with other offices in Jackson Heights, NY and Jamaica, NY (and 4 other locations). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Alcaide is affiliated with St Josephs Hospital, Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases and Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The. He speaks English.
Dr. Alejandro Alcaide has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
I do recommend this doctor, I remember I was diagnosed with PCOS , so scared wasn't to sure if everything would be fine or it will be long term. But he reassured me it wouldn't! I was put on birth control for 3 months soon afterwards came back for the sonogram and check up on my hormone level, the cyst was gone! he expalined in order to prevent it from coming back just coming for pelvic tests.
Dr Alcaide is an easy going, professional who is very easy to get along with. He listens to your concerns and is attentive and courteous. 1 year ago I had an operation performed by Dr Alcaide and he took charge of the situation. I was concerned and scared when I went into the hospital. More so when his assistant was interviewing me prior to the operation. Dr Alcaide saw my worry and took over the initial process. He was protective, concerned of my mental state and assured me all would be fine. His office visits are full of current event topics political and not. He is a rare breed of physician which genuinely cares for his patients. You feel as a person not a number. Well worth the 45 minute wait in my opinion.
I was not happy with his demeanor, as I did not feel he was empathic, and was somewhat condescending.
Dr. Alcaide is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Josephs Hospital
Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
SVCMC Mary Immaculate Hospital
NYU Langone Medical Center
Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
Downtown & Cal
23 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Alejandro Alcaide accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alejandro Alcaide in this video.
Dr. Alejandro Alcaide is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Astoria, NY.