The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aleksandr M Itkin
Dr. Aleksandr M Itkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Itkin is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Itkin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Aleksandr M Itkin has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
He didn't read my chart, glanced at my moles and said nothing was wrong, and then told me to come back in two years. The below paragraph is how I know he didn't even bother to look at my chart. Instead, he risked my health and relied on his "magic" ability to glance at a mole and know it's fine without knowing a thing about the patient history.When he told me to come back in two years I said that my previous doctor said every 6 months. He asked why and I told him I had atypical results before. He was surprised and asked where. Then he said not to worry about it as long as no immediate family has had skin cancer. Then I told him my mother, uncle, and grandfather have all had skin cancer. Then, again caught off-guard, he asked how old my mom was. I said 35 (I'm 29). These are all questions the nurse had asked and recorded 35 minutes before (he had me wait over half an hour and still didn't bother to read the chart). Then he brushed it off, said the doctor probably wanted money and that's why he said every 6 months, and told me instead of two years to come back in one year. Then I mentioned that the two moles were new (because I'm an idiot and went to a tanning booth last year before coachella... I know, I'm an idiot) and he said to keep an eye on them.He's a bad, lazy doctor who risks my health so he can be late and get through the day easier. Definitely not recommended.
Dr. Itkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Harvard Medical School
Dr. Aleksandr M Itkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aleksandr M Itkin in this video.
Dr. Aleksandr M Itkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.