The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alessandro Papa
Dr. Alessandro Papa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport, RI. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Papa is affiliated with St Joseph Center for Health & Human Services and South County Hospital Healthcare System. He speaks English.
Dr. Alessandro Papa has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alessandro Papa has the following 14 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. Alessandro Papa has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alessandro Papa is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Papa is a very solid, wise, careful doctor who treats you like a human being. My husband had throat/neck cancer, and his chances of survival were very slim. Dr. Papa was one of the three doctors (ENT, radiation and Papa) we worked with, all providing fantastic care. My husband survived and is thriving. I highly recommend Dr. Papa.
I can't say enough about Dr. Papa and his staff. He is attentive, empathetic, educated and really does go the extra mile to help people. He diagnosed me when nobody else could. I treat with him on a regular basis and I drive nearly an hour to see him. I wouldn't have it any other way and will never trade him for another doctor.
My father was referred to Dr. Papa for bladder cancer after eleven months of treatment by an urologist. He ordered a ct-scan that revealed that the cancer had metastasized to the liver and bones. He reported this to my parents as "good news and bad news". My parents did not understand the full extent of this diagnosis. He subsequently did not return calls nor did he acknowledge the death of my father.
Dr. Papa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1984
Roger Williams Medical Center
Dr. Alessandro Papa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewport Hospital, 11 Friendship St, Newport, RI
Dr. Alessandro Papa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport, RI.