Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aletha C Oglesby
Dr. Aletha C Oglesby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tulsa, OK, with other offices in Broken Arrow, OK and Tulsa, OK . She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Oglesby is affiliated with St Francis Hospital and Hillcrest Hospital - South. She speaks English.
Dr. Aletha C Oglesby has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Aletha C Oglesby has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Dr. Aletha C Oglesby is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This is the worst office I have ever been to. The staff has no knowledge of their co-payments and billing procedures. They are very unprofessional and rude. Dr. Oglesby is not very professional herself. She doesn't make you feel comfortable, never saw her smile, she's negative, and was always in a rush to get in and out of the office. She is the worst doctor I have ever been to. I will never go back there again and will make sure to notify others of how rude, unprofessional, and horrible the entire office was.
Prior to confirming my appointment I read previous reviews for Dr. Oglesby. Frankly, they worried me so I contacted the office and talked to a staff person. She assured me that Dr. Oglesby was a very good physician and I realized that although reviews provide some type of purpose, I couldn't base my decision solely on them. I kept my appointment and am soooooo glad I did. Dr. Oglesby is a good doctor. No, she isn't a cuddler and I certainly suggest that if that is necessary to see a doctor then there is truly something wrong. She is consice, asking very specific questions and it didnt take me long to realize that she is dedicated to her career. If I need to sit and chit chat with someone, I'll call a friend to meet me for lunch. I don't need my doctor to treat me as her best friend. I will continue seeing this doctor and am glad that I actually used my grown up brain to see past the ridiculousness of these reviews.
Dr. Oglesby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Aletha C Oglesby accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Aletha C Oglesby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.