Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Alethea J Allen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Alethea J Allen has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 3 of 16
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alethea J Allen - Posted on March 2nd, 2018
VERY rude staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alethea J Allen - Posted on September 11th, 2017
BEST and most CARING Pediatrician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alethea J Allen - Posted on January 13th, 2017
Dr. Allen is a one of the kindest and most caring people I've ever met, and easily the best doctor. We moved with her practice to Winchester last year and were patients originally in a Front Royal practice. While I would never want to drive 30 minutes to and from a doctor's office, I would go further to keep Dr. Allen as my children's pediatrician. She gives my kids incredible attention and empathy as well as talks to them like they are a decision maker in their health, too. She always takes as much as time as my kids need (whether they're putting on a performance during a wellness visit or need to elaborate on their illnesses on a sick visit). We are never rushed or made to feel as though our questions are unnecessary (as many doctors can make you feel). I love the advice that Dr. Allen gives, both on a medical and personal level. If you want your kids to be treated by the best there is, Dr. Allen is the only choice.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
University Of Tennessee
Dr. Alethea J Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGRACE POINT PEDIATRICS, 480 W Jubal Early Dr Ste 320, Winchester, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alethea J Allen, MD - Pediatrics in Winchester, VA, in this video.
Dr. Alethea J Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Winchester, VA.