Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alex Aisen
Dr. Alex Aisen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN, with another office in Carmel, IN. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Aisen is affiliated with Indiana University Hospital & Outpatient Center, IU Health Methodist Hospital and IU Health. He speaks English.
Dr. Alex Aisen has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- CT Scan
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- PET Scan
- Vascular Tumor (Cavernous Hemangioma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Aisen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Indiana University Hospital & Outpatient Center
IU Health Methodist Hospital
Clarian West Medical Center
IU Health West
Blackford Community Hospital
IU Health North
Clarian North Medical Center
IU Medical Group
Indiana University Hospital
IU Health Ball Memorial
Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital
IU Health Methodist / IU Health University
Ball Memorial Hospital Inc
38 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
The University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Alex Aisen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alex Aisen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.