Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alex V Smirnoff has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Alex V Smirnoff has the following 13 expertise
- Birth Control
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Behavioral Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
Dr. Alex V Smirnoff has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alex V Smirnoff is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Smirnoff held my child in the psychiatric ward, with no explanation, no reason, and he still can't explain why he did it.Beware of Dr. Smirnoff.
i have been seeing dr. smirnoff for almost 3 years, i have a 14 year autistic child and at the time we began with dr. smirnoff our son had gone through many doctors and hospital stays and was on so many different medications over the past 11 yrs it just got so crazy and my husband and i were feeling so hopeless, and helpless. dr. smirnoff listened to us, our cries on how we were losing our son to all these behaviors that were controlling our son not allowing him to even attend school. he helped us find the right medication for him and gave us his cell number, something no other doctor and we had many did for us, telling us to call anytime. we saw him every 2 to 3 weeks for over 2 years, and now our son is doing so well we see him once a month. i can't say enough good things about dr. smirnoff, he truly cares for the patient and the family of that patient.
14 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2004
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAlex Smirnoff Md, 1655 N Main St Ste 200, Walnut Creek, CA
Dr. Alex V Smirnoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.