Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alex J Steinleitner has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 52
Dr. Steinleitner and his staff are wonderful. He truly cares about his patients. He is great at explaining what is going on and making sure to answer all of your questions. I do not have enough nice things to say about his staff in San Luis Obispo. They know you by name and are always there for whatever your need and are great at responding via their online instant message system.
Dr. Steinleitner pleasantly surprised me. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant on our own for 3-4 years before we saw Dr. Steinleitner. I had heard negative things about him, and went in with low expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only was he able to successfully help us get pregnant with an amazing little boy (now 8 weeks) but I felt that he cared about me. I am very reason oriented and Dr. S took time to "talk it out" with me. I ask a lot of "why" questions and he answered all of them for me. What couples don't always take into consideration is that even though this might be their first time dealing with infertility; it's not his. He has been doing this work for a really long time and he knows what he's doing; you have to trust that. If you are seeking this type of help you have to go in with the respect for Dr. S and that he is working for you. Dr. S is a problem solver. Every person's body is unique and it may take a few tries, but he wants to figure our what works for you. He truly cares for each of his patients and wants them to have success in creating the family they've been dreaming of.
Worse doctor and staff run fast!!!!! The staff seems very uneducated they answer your question with inaccurate statements then if they don't no they will give you the run around and brush you off to the doctor. They didn't no my name and was very pushes like they just wanted your money and to ask no questions. I found another office and I'm glad I did
35 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Alex J Steinleitner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlex John Steinleitner Md, 35 Casa St Ste 260, San Luis Obispo, CA
Dr. Alex J Steinleitner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.