Dr. Alex Stock Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alex Stock?

The best

Posted on July 25th, 2017

I wrote a review a while ago, but I feel I have to update it. I had a frustratingly difficult diagnosis that took an MRI to find - but no other doctor would take my complaints seriously, not until Dr. Stock. I don't think I'd be alive today without Dr. Stock's caring nature and his resolve to find out what the feth was wrong with me. He has continued to be the most involved PCP that I have ever had. This is a true Medical Doctor, a man that took his Hippocratic oath seriously. I strongly urge anyone looking for a doctor in the Concord/Harrisburg NC area to ask for him specifically. He's a gem amongst pebbles.

Great Doctor

Posted on July 12th, 2017

Caring, kind and knowledgeable. Didn't make me feel rushed and listened to my concerns. Received great care. Highly recommend

Great Doctor

Posted on July 12th, 2017

Wonderful doctor!

Posted on May 2nd, 2017

Dr. Stock listened to me and took time to talk to me. He made me feel like he cared. He took a lot of time with me without looking at his watch or being interrupted. Dr.Stock is a very kind man. He also told me to call back if I wasn't getting relief from the medicine.

Highly referred

Posted on February 2nd, 2017

Dr. Stock is very personable and has a very caring manner. He is not hesitant to refer you to specialists or to order tests that are necessary. Always spends ample time in explaining diagnosis and care plan as well as making sure all questions are answered.

Caring and Empathetic Physician

Posted on July 9th, 2016

I had started to feel very over the course of a few months. My symptoms were extreme but very general (fatigue, nausea, etc) so they were hard to diagnose. I have a complicated medical history but had a good relationship with my previous PCP, unfortunately he had retired and I was left to find a doctor that could help. After many different visits to Physicians and Physicians Assistants at various practices I was losing hope. Seemingly, every appointment, each Doctor barely listened to me describe my symptoms and instead focused on issues in my medical history from years ago. I was losing hope of ever feeling better, but a family member convinced me to keep trying and I just happened to make an appointment at Novant Health Lakeside at Afton Ridge to see Dr. Stock. In my first appointment with Dr. Stock it was obvious he cared about what I said and what symptoms I was suffering from. He didn't interject or interrupt as I explained what I've been going through and he seemed empathetic towards the situation. He navigated my complicated medical history with ease and focused on the present issues, ordering tests and exams for all possible causes for what currently ailed me that the other doctors had dismissed despite my pleading. He involved me in the diagnosis and treatment plans to insure I knew what the goal was and he even made sure to try and reinstill the hope I had lost from months of dismissal of my illness. I left from the exam knowing that every possible avenue of treatment was being pursued and with an invaluable peace of mind. Dr. Stock seems to be a rare find in a physician - he really seems to care about his patients and does an amazing job of taking care of them, as does his office team. By far the best in the area.

Excelent Doctor but Horrid Office and Nursing Staff

Posted on May 11th, 2013

I am retired from working in the medical field. This doctor is an excellent doctor and has a great attitude and appears to be very caring. I would recommend him highly. His office staff, on the other hand, is atrocious. It is almost impossible to receive any type of call-back from his staff. Additionally, the practice manager will initially follow up on critiques, but on a one-time basis only. In other words, the quality of care from all others, except this doctor, is not acceptable. I will not return to this office.

Great Dr

Posted on March 1st, 2013

Dr Stock is a super nice Dr, very personable, and helpful. The office staff are good but the nurses bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired in my experience. I would whole heartedly recommend Dr Stock .

Dr. Stock is awesome

Posted on October 29th, 2012

I have had to go to his office 3 times and he was really good at diagonizing the problem and accurately prescribing what I thought helped solve my issues. He is a calm engaging person and really listens and more than that he notices the little things ... I would recommend Dr. Stock wholeheartedly.

Posted on December 12th, 2011

Excellent doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Very caring.

Not impressed

Posted on December 12th, 2011

Dr. Stocks nurse is the worst in history. She once left me in the exam room 20 min. waiting for an injection and then she asked me why I was still there. There have been many mistakes in the billing, and very unprofessional staff. When you call you never can reach the nurse or get a doctor, you are forced to leave a messages and to date his nurse has never returned my calls. She once called and told me I missed an appointment which I canceled with memorials automated reminder phone call since she didn't return the 3 calls I left for her earlier. The last straw was I have faxed paper work to her for a doctors signature and am still waiting for a return fax 1 month later. I am fed up with the Ooltewah staff and am presently looking for another doc!

Very knowledgeable and capable physician

Posted on October 14th, 2011