Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alex A Teixeira has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
After waiting over 3 hours for a colon endoscopy at the Brockton Hospital Dr. Teixeira left with out telling me and I was informed right before I when in for the procedure that a doctor that I had never heard of before would be handling the colon endoscopy. At this point, most of the hospital staff including the anesthesiologist and the nurses had left for day and I was the last patients of the day. Between the change in doctor and low level of staffing I feared for my life and left. The lack communication and care assicated with DrTeixeira and the Brockton Hospital is just appalling and I highly recommend that you NOT use either Dr Teixeira or the Brockton Hospital
Have been going to alex for a few months now an im totally unsatisfied and would not recommend him . Well at least not his office in Brockton. I've had to put in my prescription over 4 times now and it has yet to even be sent to the pharmacy which left me with no medication for the last 2 days which I'm sure will be more to come. And I think his assistant ants are the most unprofessional woman I've come across.alex comes off as rude and every appointment i spend more time with the nurse then him. defiantly In the process of finding somewhere else to go
You couldn't be in better hands. Alex is professional and courteous. The staff in Bridgewater is excellent (receptionist was a bit quirky). I would recommend Dr. Teixeira to anyone, male or female, about to endure a Colonoscopy (prep is the worst part!) or an Endoscopy. Yup, had them both at the same time and polyps that were found were benign and the issue with my stomach was diagnosed and meds prescribed and for the first time in years I don't feel like I have glass in my gut (they found a bacteria strain, common I'm told). Can't say enough about him or the follow up care!
23 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1995
New York Hospital
Dr. Alex A Teixeira accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alex A Teixeira in this video.
Dr. Alex A Teixeira is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brockton, MA.