Dr. Alexander Abkin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alexander Abkin?

Posted on September 23rd, 2017

Dr. Abkin is the best! He is kind, compassionate, and very knowledgeable! His staff is awesome. I could not have had a better experience. I highly recommend this unbelievably talented surgeon!!!

Terrible experience

Posted on August 28th, 2017

I am not one to write negative reviews. Doctor Abkin just upset me so much that I feel the need to do so now. I consider myself a kind and understanding person. Perhaps Doctor A was having a bad day the first time he got short tempered with me, but after the second and third times I have to say that he is just a hot headed man. Just don't ask him if he went to medical school in Russia- Which he did- it sets him off. My advice is that there are many other good surgeons to chose from

Great Decision

Posted on May 12th, 2017

Dr Akbin's office made this choice in life very easy and painlesss. I came in for my consultation and same day set up my surgery and the staff gives you all the steps needed to take to get insurance approval and nutrition guidence needed before and stern surgery. They couldn't have made it any easier and happy with my post surgery results with Dr Abkin.

Posted on May 5th, 2017

Dr. Abkin tells it like it is. He can give you the tool but it's up to you to do the work. He spends time with you to explain the surgeries, the risks, the diet, what he expects from you, and answers any and all questions. His staff is great and there is always someone there to answer any questions or problems you may have.

Posted on May 4th, 2017

Dr Abkin and his staff are the best! They are all the most professional and compassionate people I have dealt with. They give you every opportunity to succeed - online and in person support groups. A dietitian who is simply amazing! You will not regret partnering with Dr Abkin in this life altering commitment! I know I don't!

Posted on May 4th, 2017

Top notch surgeon/doctor

Posted on May 2nd, 2017

Great surgeon- caring and compassionate! Staff is great too! If you are seriously thinking of WLS, Dr Abkin is top notch!

Posted on April 30th, 2017

SOOOOO HAPPY!! I can;t believe what this has done for me, my life is changed. 10 weeks post op VGS down 53 lbs

A blessing from God

Posted on April 30th, 2017

Dr. Abkin has done Ulcer surgery and gastric bypass revision. Thank you for everything.

BEST DECISION I EVER MADE WAS TO HAVE DR ABKIN PERFORM MY GASTRIC BYPASS

Posted on April 24th, 2017

I have been a patient of Doctor Abkin for over 14 years. Not only is he very knowledgeable and skilled as a surgeon, but he also has awesome people skills. I still see him for my yearly followup. This type of surgery is Patient driven and through the years i have had some medical issues, but he is always willing to lend an ear and help resolve my issues when they come up. He says we are Lifelong Patients and that is true.. Occasionally I'll see someone grumble here, but it typically is associated with Payments, or costs that they had to pay. All's i can say is again we are in this for the long haul... your Insurance coverage can change year to year. If your insurance requires you to pay.... it's your duty to do so. Insurance is tricky but it's up to us to be an advocate for ourselves and know what our coverages are and what are responsibilities are. Thank You to Dr Abkin and his Support Staff for being there for us.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on April 24th, 2017

Amazing surgeon, wonderful office staff. Worked with me to get my insurance to cover the surgery, explained everything.

Angry Doctor

Posted on December 5th, 2016

I'm not sure why anyone would go to this man. First of all, he is them most angry doctor that I have ever met. He was so fake nice the first time I saw him, then when things weren't going well he turned on me like a crazy angry Russian. I am so dissapointed. I left the office in tears and I will NEVER go back. Stay away from this angry man!