Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander V Angelov has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Holistic Health
Showing 5 of 17
Both times we've had an appointment with the doctor himself, there was about an hour wait. On the table in the waiting room, there were a few books on "natural healing", including one book on homeopathy. The doctor answered _some_ of our questions quite well, but others just glossed over and brushed off, and in such a manner that we didn't even realized this until after the visit, when it was too late to come back and ask again. During my own visit, the doctor made a few dismissive and belittling remarks about my thoughts and lifestyle, making me very uncomfortable, and seeming quite oblivious to it. The closest comparison I can draw is a schoolteacher trying to reprimand a child. Unpleasant experience. My very last visit was to draw blood. Once I was in the chair and the needle was at my arm, I discovered that I shouldn't have eaten before the visit. Nobody (including the doctor) told me to skip breakfast, and the visit itself was at 10:45 (almost lunch time). So I went to the front desk to reschedule, and here's a surprise: the nurse who draws blood only comes in on Mondays, so the nearest I could reschedule was in a week. I became very irritated about this, and once the doctor himself came out and saw what was happening, instead of saying something like "Oh, sorry, nothing we can do", his response was "Where was your common sense?" - as if it was my fault for not knowing this intuitively. Again, the schoolteacher's attitude mentioned above. After I continued to press on, they did offer me an option of writing me a referral to go draw blood in some other place (e.g. a hospital), but once my wife came to pick it up (I had to be at work, so I asked her), the referral wasn't there, and the front desk attendant said that the doctor changed his mind, because he didn't like my irritated behavior.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Saint Petersburg State University
Graduated in 1980
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Alexander V Angelov accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCosmetic Dermatology, 990 Paradise Rd Ste 3, Swampscott, MA
Dr. Alexander V Angelov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Swampscott, MA.