Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Alexander S Asser has the following 1 specialty
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Alexander S Asser has the following 5 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Asser gave me hope and peace of mind
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander S Asser - Posted on June 10th, 2018
I have atrial fibrillation, which increases risk of stroke. My cardiologist ordered a 30 day monitor and then brought in Dr. Asser to review the results. Dr. Asser put me on one of the new types of blood thinners, reduced my reliance on another medication, and spoke to me at length about other treatment options that he may consider as circumstances may require in the future. He gave me confidence that I am no longer just hoping for the best, but instead have options that he knows how to use if necessary. He seems very knowledgeable and has a way of talking with me that puts me at ease. I am thankful that my cardiologist turned to him for advice.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander S Asser - Posted on October 21st, 2015
The Best Cardiologist in the area
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander S Asser - Posted on August 23rd, 2013
Dr. Asser is the best doctor I have ever met. He is compassionate, informative, and takes the time to answer questions even though he is clearly quite busy. I was very anxious about undergoing a pacemaker implantation but he took the time to answer all of my concerns and he did an amazing job. My pacemaker has given me a new leash on life and his surgical skills are amazing. His staff speak the world of him both in the office and in the hospital. If you need a cardiologist I recommend him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander S Asser - Posted on August 19th, 2011
Very knowledgeable, but one of the most personable physicians. He is warm, friendly, compassionate. He explained the entire procedure step by step. He is very concerned that all my questions were answered. I felt very "cared" for. His office nurse is very responsive if I call in with a concern. Even though I am a nurse he made sure I understood his explaination to all my questions. I felt like when he saw me in the hospital that I was his only patient...he was so relaxed and just concerned about med during that time. He does a great stich job as well.
Smart and Caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alexander S Asser - Posted on February 11th, 2011
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Alexander S Asser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCARDIAC ASSOCIATES PC, 15225 Shady Grove Rd Ste 201, Rockville, MD
Dr. Alexander S Asser is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rockville, MD.