Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Alexander Chang
Dr. Alexander Chang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pomona, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Chang is affiliated with City of Hope National Medical Center, PIH Health Hospital-Downey and Redlands Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander Chang has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Alexander Chang has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Alexander Chang has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Alexander Chang is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
We got this anesthesiologist at the last minute before my child's surgery. The surgeon for the patient in the bed next to us refused to work with him. It was quickly apparent why. I wanted to explain the reaction to anesthesia my child had last time. He laughed at me and was very condescending. This is a very rude doctor. Avoid this one if you can!
Dr. Chang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Alexander Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsPomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, 1798 N Garey Ave, Pomona, CA
Dr. Alexander Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pomona, CA.