Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Alexander Dekovich
Dr. Alexander Dekovich, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with other offices in Hamtramck, MI and Houston, TX . He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dekovich is affiliated with University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer, Henry Ford Hospital and MD Anderson Cancer Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander Dekovich has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Alexander Dekovich has the following 6 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Alexander Dekovich has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Alexander Dekovich is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Dekovich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
Henry Ford Hospital
MD Anderson Cancer Center
39 Years Experience
Wayne State University
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alexander Dekovich, MD - Gastroenterology in Detroit, MI, in this video.
Dr. Alexander Dekovich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.