Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexander Delvecchio
Dr. Alexander Delvecchio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenwich, CT. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Delvecchio is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health Greenwich Hospital. Dr. Delvecchio has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander Delvecchio has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Coronary Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Diseases
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Holter monitoring
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 17
Gives you confidence at a time when you are very nervous.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Delvecchio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Alexander Delvecchio accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Services Of Greenwich, 15 Valley Dr Ste 200, Greenwich, CT
Dr. Alexander Delvecchio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenwich, CT.