Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alexander Igolnikov
Dr. Alexander Igolnikov, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Porte, IN, with other offices in Rockford, IL and Rockford, IL (and 1 other location). He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Igolnikov is affiliated with La Port Hospital & Health System, Saint Joseph Hospital, Resurrection Hlth Cr and Starke Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Alexander Igolnikov has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
This physician is unlike others. He takes his time with you, gives you his undivided attention. He spent 30 minutes in the room with me, listening to all I had to say. Not once did I feel like he was rushed or in a hurry. He was truly interested in what I had to say. I wish all doctors were just like him!!
I had only started as a patient with Dr. Igolnikov but I so appreciated his willingness to spend time with me and talk in depth about my issues and offer is expertise and knowledge and gave me insight into issues that other specialists did not. Since my appointment and procedures he has left Rockford Clinic and I am searching to see if he is still in the Rockford, IL area.
Dr. Igolnikov is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
La Port Hospital & Health System
Saint Joseph Hospital, Resurrection Hlth Cr
Starke Memorial Hospital
Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago
19 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Alexander Igolnikov accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Alexander Igolnikov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Porte, IN.