Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander K Chen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 15
DR. CHEN FAILED TO CORRECTLY REVIEW THE LAB RESULTS, FAILED TO EXPLAIN THE LAB RESULTS, FAILED TO REFER PATIENT TO A SPECIALISTS, FAILED TO CONTACT THE PATIENT IN A TIMELY MANNER ABOUT THE IMPLICATIONS OF THE LAB RESULTS WHICH RESULTED IN INABILITY OF THE PATIENT OT MAKE INTELLIGENT, KNOWLEDGEABLE DECISIONS ABOUT THEIR MEDICAL CARE. GOOD LUCK WITH DR. CHEN.
Dr Chen did a psa on me in 2009, it was elevated, he gave me high blood pressure medicine to take for the urinary complications I was having. He never ordered follow up psa to see my level. Now, it is 2012, I have switch PCP's...low and behold I have stage IV metastatic prostate cancer. I spend 3 years going their complaining of problems that I now know are related to metastatic prostate cancer...but this is pure neglect.
Dr. Chen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Alexander K Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSutter Medical Foundation, 1201 Alhambra Blvd Ste 400, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Alexander K Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.