Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Alexander A Meski has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Alexander A Meski has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
Dr. Alexander A Meski has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I saw this doctor when I was 17 for depression. I'm 25 now, and today, I tried to set up an appointment. They were able to pull up my information, but for some reason now, I'm considered a "new patient". Therefore, I can't make an appointment. Every single other Psychiatry office I've called in Carrollton doesn't accept new patients. It's especially disappointing that the one with my information on hand can't manage to work something out with me. The phone staff is just about as compassionate as any other psych. office I called. Meaning it felt like I was talking to an overworked, underpaid drone who is inconvenienced every time the phone rings. I know your job is mundane - so is mine. But who **** in your Cheerios? I guess finding someone personable to run the front desk is kinda like setting up a Psychiatry appointment in Carrollton - impossible. Basically, Dr. Meski, "professional" is not a word I find to be synonymous with your office. Finally, vitals, please update your website. If a doctor is in fact NOT accepting new patients, then maybe you should remove the green check and the "Accepting new patients" line. Is this a joke? I'm pinching myself.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Suny Health Science Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSouth Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter St, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Alexander A Meski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.