Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander Nicolaides has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
Showing 5 of 38
I brought my daughter there and even though we were on time for our appointment, we waited 90 min to see a doctor. I asked the staff memeber at the desk, why the long wait and I was told we would be next. Instead 2 other patients who had arrived after us (30 min after us) were seen before us. The doctor made some half hearted excuses and apologies. The staff continued to be rude and unhelpful. The staff there definetly see the patients as nothing more than a nuisance. I do not recommend this practice.
Best experience ever!!! Had an early morning appointment and waited about 15min. On my after 4pm apt. waited a little longer but never so long to be upset. He is the Best!!! Everyone wants to see him (seen the PAs as well...also good) so he is busy! I had a mole that two other dermatologists failed to notice. Dr. Nicolaides saw it and right away and told me needs biopsy. He was right!!!! He called me immediately. Early diagnosis and early treatment! He removed the mole and there is absolutely no scar! What a great hand!. He is now my dermatologist for life! He is very smart, very Knowledgeable, professional and with lots lots of experience!!!!, I totally trust him!!! By the way, its a joke to call Dr. Nicolaides ...rude! (Rude are all the rude comments written by rude people ). I Highly recommend him and his PAs!!!!
This doctor and his physician assistants are great!!! every time i go there i am treating with kindness and respect. i never have a problem! the medical assistants are kind hearted and they show compassion. the front desk might need some work but they are also very helpful and kind!!! i recommend Dr.NIcolaides and his Physician Assistants any day!!!
IM DR NICOLAIDES PATIENT FOR YEARS AND I THINK THE DOCTOR IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR! HE GETS RIGHT TO THE POINT AND IS ALWAYS RIGHT(WHEN IT COMES TO ME) HE DOESNT SPEAK TO MUCH BUT HES A GOD DOCTOR AND THATS ALL THAT MATTER! AS FOR THE COPAY SITUATION AND TAKING CREDIT CARS WHO CARES WHATS THE BIG DEAL IT HIS POLICY! OVERALL GOOD STAFF GOOD DOCTOR AND EASY TO GET AN APPOITMENT
21 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Alexander Nicolaides accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Dermatology Care, 2318 31st St Ste 320, Astoria, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alexander Nicolaides in this video.
Dr. Alexander Nicolaides is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Astoria, NY.