Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander Shar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 14
Horrible Doctor. He's lazy, rude, and sadistic. I have a mystery illness and the diagnosis he gave me doesn't quite fit. I researched based on his dx and when I asked for additional blood work to rule out another possibility, he refused. I pleaded to rule it out and he told me to leave his office. I've been misdiagnosed at Kaiser for 7 months and they finally found an abnormality in my blood. I'm not about to let it go until I'm 100% sure. If you value your health, do not use this doctor.
The best. Dear to me, he has helped me in so many ways rather he knows it or not. Thinking of him is getting me through the worst time of my life. I missunderstood things about him. But overall, he's a good doctor. I wish I would had told him this. I've learned a great from him and he has been there for us. He has been very patience with patients, especially with their families. I should have been patience with him and more understanding. I'm gonna miss his smiles and treasure the memories of our doctor visit an forget the things that I misunderstood about about him. I"m so sorry about it. Believe Me. I have regrets. I didn't mean to hurt and disrespect such a good sand intelligent doctor. If I would have pairs more attention to what he said and stop being so opinionated. Iwouldn' t have misunderstood things. He really is the best in his proffestion. The best! 2 thumbs up.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Dr. Alexander Shar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente, 1515 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Alexander Shar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.